These versatile tacos are made with tofu, but feel free to swap in your favorite protein!
21 Day Fix Containers
1 ½ tsp
Total Time: 25 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 15 min.
Yield: 4 servings
2 Tbsp. nonfat plain yogurt
3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice, divided use
2 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro, divided use
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped, divided use
1 medium jalapeño, seeds removed, chopped (optional)
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 cup assorted vegetables (like sliced mushrooms, spinach, or marinated cactus)
1 (14-oz.) package firm tofu, crumbled
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp. chili powder (or chipotle seasoning, habañero seasoning, or cumin)
4 (6-inch) whole wheat tortillas, warm
1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
Fresh cilantro leaves (for garnish; optional)
4 lime wedges (for garnish; optional)
1. Combine yogurt, 2 Tbsp. lime juice, and 1 Tbsp. cilantro in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
2. Combine tomato, ¼ onion, jalapeño (if desired), and remaining 1 Tbsp. cilantro in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add remaining ¾ onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until translucent.
5. Add vegetables; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp.
6. Add tofu, garlic, and chili powder; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tofu is lightly browned and vegetables are tender-crisp.
7. Add remaining 1 Tbsp. lime juice; reduce heat to medium-low and bring to a gentle boil. Remove from heat.
8. Top tortillas evenly with lettuce and tofu mixture.
9. Drizzle with yogurt sauce; garnish with cilantro leaves and lime wedge. Serve with tomato salsa.