Pizza is my FAVORITE FOOD.
There are healthy ways to create the ultimate junk food at home. This family friendly recipe is perfect for a Friday night activity with a movie.
Total Time: 33 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 18 min.
Yield: 6 servings
21 Day Fix:
Nonstick cooking spray
1 (16-oz.) package whole wheat pizza dough, at room temperature
2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
¼ cup tomato sauce, no sugar added
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 medium tomato, sliced
¼ cup whole basil leaves, torn in small pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 450° F.
2. Lightly coat 12-inch pizza pan with spray. Starting at the center, and moving outward, use your fingertips to press dough to ½-inch thick. Stretch dough until it won’t stretch any further. Let dough relax for 5 minutes; continue to stretch to desired diameter.
3. Drizzle oil over dough; spread with a pastry brush to the edges.
4. Spread tomato sauce evenly over the dough, leaving a quarter-inch border.
5. Layer with cheese, tomato, and basil.
6. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbling.