Grilled Veggie Quesadilla
Craving cheese, but don’t want to wreck your diet? Bursting with a rainbow of vegetables and oozing with melted cheese, this veggie quesadilla is just the ticket.
This vegetarian quesadilla is delicious and a sure-fire way to get all of your veggies in for the day!
Total Time: 30 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 15 min.
Yield: 4 servings
21 Day Fix portions (per quesadilla):
½ medium red bell pepper, stem and seeds removed and discarded, cut into four pieces
1 medium Portobello mushroom, cut into ½-inch slices
½ medium onion, cut into ½-inch slices
1 medium zucchini, sliced diagonally into ¼-inch slices
1 medium summer squash, sliced diagonally into ¼-inch slices
2 tsp. olive oil, divided use
4 (8-inch) whole wheat tortillas
4 tsp. prepared pesto sauce
4 Tbsp. mozzarella cheese (2 oz.)
4 Tbsp. soft goat cheese (2 oz.)
1. Preheat grill or broiler to high.
2. Brush bell pepper, mushroom, onion, zucchini, and summer squash with 1 tsp. oil.
3. Grill or broil vegetables for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until tender. Set aside.
4. Heat ½ tsp. oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
5. Place two tortillas in skillet; cook, turning once, for 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Top each tortilla with 1 tsp. pesto sauce, 1 Tbsp. mozzarella cheese, 1 Tbsp. goat cheese, and ¼ of grilled vegetables. Fold tortilla in half; cook, for 4 to 5 minutes, turning once, until cheese is melted and tortilla is golden brown. Repeat with remaining tortillas and ingredients; cook in remaining ½ tsp. oil.