Pasta Fagioli Soup
Try this classic Italian pasta fagioli soup made with white beans and whole wheat pasta.
Total Time: 25 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 15 min.
Yield: 8 servings, about 1 cup each
21 Day Fix portions:
1½ cups dry whole grain small pasta (like macaroni or orzo) (4 oz)
2 tsp. olive oil
2 medium carrots, sliced
2 medium celery stalks, sliced
3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
4 cups low-sodium organic chicken broth
1 (14.5-oz.) can green beans, no salt added
1 (15-oz) can cannellini (white) beans, drained, rinsed
1 (14.5 oz) can stewed tomatoes
2 Tbsp. tomato paste (no sugar added)
9 fresh rosemary sprigs, leaves removes and chopped, stems discarded
Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
3. Add carrot and celery; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until soft.
4. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until soft.
5. Add broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium.
6. Add green beans, white beans, tomatoes, tomato paste, and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper if desired; gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes.
7. Add pasta; cook for 3 minutes. Serve immediately.