Shakeology Chocolate Covered Strawberries
These aren’t just any old chocolate-dipped strawberries. These homemade treats are made with love–and Shakeology! Instead of chocolate, these berries are dipped in a rich, chocolaty mixture of Shakeology and coconut oil that hardens in the fridge just like chocolate. Bae will be very impressed (or like in my case, just enjoy them yourself!)
1. While, a basket of strawberries from the grocery store will work in this recipe, if you really want to make these chocolate-dipped strawberries special, seek out super sweet, juicy berries from your local farmers market.
2. Help the chocolate adhere by starting with dry strawberries. After washing the berries, pat them dry and set them on a clean dish towel to dry completely.
3. Chilling the strawberries before dipping them in chocolate will help the chocolate stick and begin to harden right away.
4. If the chocolate sauce is not thick enough to form a nice coating, mix in more Shakeology one teaspoon at a time. (This will change the nutritional information for this recipe slightly).
5. Mix things up by dipping some of the strawberries in the Strawberry or Vanilla Shakeology mixture first, and then pipe them with the Chocolate Shakeology mixture.
6. Store strawberries in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Shakeology Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries
Ingredients: Parchment paper ½ scoop Chocolate Shakeology 6 Tbsp. melted extra-virgin organic coconut oil, divided use 12 large stemmed strawberries, washed, completely dried ½ scoop Strawberry (or Vanilla) Shakeology
21 Day Fix portions:
½ Purple 1½ tsp.
Preparation: 1. Cover large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside. 2. Combine Chocolate Shakeology and 3 Tbsp. oil in a small bowl; mix until smooth. 3. Grip each strawberry by the leaf and dip ¾ of it into Chocolate Shakeology mixture, swirling to cover. (Chocolate Shakeology mixture can also be applied to strawberries with a knife.) Place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining strawberries. 4. Combine Strawberry Shakeology and remaining 3 Tbsp. oil in a small bowl; mix until smooth. 5. Place Strawberry Shakeology mixture in a small re-sealable plastic bag. Squeeze out most of the air; seal top. Cut off one tiny corner of plastic bag. 6. Pipe Strawberry Shakeology mixture in horizontal lines over dipped strawberries. Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until coating is set.